Monday, June 25, 2012

Farm Stand at Whole Foods Market

A big thanks to Whole Foods Market for their support and enthusiasm!

Starting one week from today - JULY 2 - Whole Foods Market will be hosting our first Farm Stand of the season!

Every Monday from 1:00pm -5:00 pm, Fresh Start Farms growers Esperanza and Kustancia will be setting up shop at the Whole Foods Market farm stand site. Below is a brief introduction to these lovely ladies, but do come out and speak to them in person!


The Farmers
Esperanza at Market
Esperanza Echeverria has been with NASAP for almost ten years, since the project started. She is originally from a small mountain town in Guatemala called Sivilia. On the food she grows, Esperanza says: "I use my vegetables in my cooking all the time. I haven’t lost my cooking customs. I’ve also learned new vegetables from other participants, like okra and black eyed pea leaves, which the African farmers grow."


Kustancia


Kustancia Ounde is used to farming in South Sudan, where she is from. Here in Maine, farming and marketing keep Kustancia happy and engaged: "I like farming in Maine.  My favorite part of farming here is when I have vegetables and I can go to the market to sell them and talk to the people who come to the market." She is loving the new vegetables she is learning about and says: "I eat everything I grow."





Please stop by the Whole Foods Market food stand starting July 2nd to meet Esperanza & Kustancia and pick up your fresh vegetables!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment