Check out our new and improved display below, but know that it is just the tip of the iceburg!
- We looked at price signs, and prices in general, looking to simplify the process for everyone involved.
- We looked at vegetable names, vegetable varieties and ways we could incorporate these into oral english practice.
- We looked at a supply checklist, and display materials that will allow the high quality of our produce to really shine through.
- We looked at making change, and recording sales.
- We looked at processing alternative payments such as SNAP and WIC.
- After the workshop, we set up one stand all together. There was a palpable wave of excitement in the air when each farmer realized they would all sell with these beautiful new displays!
- Each farmer left with a bag of burlap and blue berry cartons, a token of our commitment to help each farmer meet their learning goals this season.
VISIT A FARMSTAND:
- Sundays 11am-1pm - West End - St. Luke's Cathedral on State Street
- Mondays (Opening July 1st) 1-5pm - Bayside - Whole Foods Market, at store front
- Tuesdays (Opening July 2nd) 1-4pm - Parkside - Opportunity Alliance, 510 Cumberland Ave, parking lot
- Tuesdays (Opening July 2nd) 3-6pm - West End - Reiche School Playground, Brackett Street
- Wednesdays (Opening July 3rd) 2-5pm - East Bayside - Boyd Street Urban Farm
- Thursdays (Opening July 11th because of the 4th of July) 3-6pm - Riverton - Riverton School, at side entrance next to parking lot
- Thursdays (Opening July 11th because of the 4th of July) 3-6pm - South Portland - The Hub on Westbrook Street in Redbank/Brickhill Village