Friday, September 7, 2012

Farmer Spotlight: Santa Loca


My name is Santa Loca and I am from South Sudan. My parents taught me to farm when I was very small and I love it! It is very hot in Sudan but the rain helps with the heat. I found out about NASAP from my friend, Christine. She is a farmer too. I started going to farming classes in 2010. This is my third year as a farmer in Maine. I really love being outside. I love being busy, busy, busy outside. In Maine I learned to eat spinach. God, I love spinach! And carrotsthey are good for your eyes. I love kale,and Swiss chard! I hope that I can spend the rest of my life as a farmer. I love growing, selling, and eating my vegetables. I really like being part of this program. It helps me a lot with my farming.


Try one of Santa's recipes!



Come visit Santa at market!  

You'll find her in Portland with tons of fresh vegetables with a smile on her face and probably singing, laughing or dancing :)

Deering Oaks Farmers' Market - Saturdays 7am-12pm

Riverton School Farm Stand (1600 Forest Ave) - Thursdays 2-5pm

.

No comments:

Post a Comment